Lovely sunbeam

Lovely sunbeam
Lovely Sunbeam (and Annierose) 88-99-PF

Sunday 29 May 2016

Subframe mods and alloys



I bought a subrame - complete with everything except the steering box and wheels.

VERY rusty but the subframe itself looks in better condition than mine.

Also all the parts fitted are the maintenance free type from series 4 onwards.

I might refurbish this one complete to install on the series 3 with all new bushes and springs.

The upper wishbones are proving difficult to release!

The original engine mounts need to be cut off and the new engine mounts welded in place only once the engine has been test fitted in situ.



The lovely sunbeam came with a set of alloy wheels.
I don't like the look of them but having realised that some vibration I was experiencing at 60-70 mph was caused by a flat spot on a rear tyre, I fitted them to test.

The handling has been transformed. Straight line is more stable, steering is much lighter. Wish I'd done it before. I would prefer a set of minilites. So will get some for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment