Lovely sunbeam

Lovely sunbeam
Lovely Sunbeam (and Annierose) 88-99-PF

Monday 18 April 2016

bottom end rebuild part one



                              Hurrah! the bearings have arrived.





Time now to install the crankshaft.

Note the areas where the crank has been smoothed.
Is this the result of damage being repaired or balancing?
There doesn't appear to be any other damage to the casing or bearing caps.

I used lubriplate on all the surfaces and storage oil as a coating.



Pistons were next to be installed.
Honing marks were still visible on the bores, so it hadn't been run for long before it was abandoned.

I might find out why later when I try to start it.



Now I'm stuck again as the camshaft sprocket doesn't have any markings on it. and I failed to notice when I pulled it apart. The camshaft is non standard. maybe a fast Piper road cam. Markings on the end are P 401 / 112. I will measure it tomorrow and attempt to set the timing from theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment