Lovely sunbeam

Lovely sunbeam
Lovely Sunbeam (and Annierose) 88-99-PF

Saturday 28 November 2015

Checking the Donor Engine


The engine looks a little worse for wear.

But it came apart easy enough.
The problem was no matter how much I took it apart
the lump was still too heavy for me to carry.

Even, just the block itself, I struggled with.
But I did manage to trial fit it in the sunbeam.
Albeit in the boot!

The heads went to southern-rebore services for unleaded conversion.
It turns out it can't be done as the head has extra large valves fitted.

I checked the Camshaft, Its a piper fast road cam.

Might be sportier than expected.



The engine doesn't look so big when its in the boot.

A V6 Alpine conversion kit has been ordered from Jose.
But at the moment TSB has lost the payment somewhere between here and the USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment