Lovely sunbeam

Lovely sunbeam
Lovely Sunbeam (and Annierose) 88-99-PF

Sunday 28 August 2016

Starting the V6 - attempt number two

Having seen a rather large flame jump out of the carburetor I suspect I may have the timing a bit off.
The timing light showed I was about 180 degrees off. Easily fixed except the engine stopped sparking after that.

Lack of spark was traced to the coil negative lead wire. The old Ford Capri wiring loom had given up. Judging by the state of the copper inside it might be worth a proper rewire in the end.

Once sparking again the timing was adjusted and a squirt of "Easy Start" applied. It seemed to work!
I wired up the Huco suction fuel pump with a separate switch and switched it on.
I have installed a fuel return hose and there is a small constant dribble out of the return hose. Hopefully this will help prevent the summer embarrassment of a vapour lock in the fuel filter which "lovely sunbeam" suffers from these sunny days.

With fuel in the carb and a dash of "easy start" - away she went... Hurrah...


Best I hurry up and fit the Radiator!

No comments:

Post a Comment